Thursday 11 October 2012

This is me on the 18th March 2012...18 days after i got married having my first chemo session.  What a day.  I sit here staring at this pic thinking 'oh my word, i was SUCH a brave girl'.  I get all teary when i look at the pic...strange...i almost feel like its not me...i didn't even shed a tear on the day...i just got on with it.  I didn't know what to expect.  I had so many people thinking about me and praying for me...i was well protected and well supported...they were all just carrying me...thats why i think i was able to be so brave.  My dad gave me the bear thats in my lap...he is called 'better bear'...he came all the way from South Africa.  He came with me to every chemo session.  'better bear' made some friends as chemo went on which were other soft toys that friends had sent me from overseas...all to keep me company whilst having chemo...i guess the bears were replacing the friends that wished could be sitting there with me.  I didn't feel very sick on my first chemo...my head felt a bit light towards the end of the chemo, but otherwise i felt not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment