Sunday 23 December 2012

Words to live by

 

I am busy reading a book at the moment by Dr Libby Weaver called 'Rushing Woman's Syndrome'. 

I honestly feel that this book was written just for me.  So many of the things she writes about in her book I can relate to.  The book is about the effects that being a 'rushing woman' can have on your health and I truly believe that me being a 'rushing woman' partly contributed to my cancer diagnosis.  One of the many things I will be working on next year will be to slow down and take more time to 'smell the roses' so as to speak.  In her book she describes a 'rushing woman' as someone that continually feels that there is a sense of urgency in her day and whether she has two or five things to do, she seems to go about her day feeling rushed all the time.  She writes that you are prone to the effects of 'rushing woman's syndrome' if you do things like reply to texts at traffic lights or catch up on your emails whilst sitting on the loo...this is not just good use of your time.

In her book she writes a piece written by Kate Northrup who is a woman with a deep care for other women and whom she met at a conference in the USA recently.  Her sentiments echo many of my own and I encourage you to be inspired by what she writes and to write a few of your own that you look at from time to time.  She writes "here's what i know":-

  • Doing something for the money never ends up being worth it;
  • If its not a hell yes, its a no;
  • You are valuable because you exist.  Period.
  • You are enough.  You always have been.  You always will be.
  • Your place of greatest ease and joy will also be you place of greatest service;
  • Its okay to sleep for ten hours or more a night from time to time.  In fact its critical.
  • No accomplishment or moment of recognition will ever replace feeling loved, by your-self or anyone else;
  • You know.  you always know.
  • The fact that it feels good is reason enough to move every day.  The fact that it will tone your ass and make your waist smaller are mere side effects;
  • Organising your life around what feels good is the single wisest choice you can make;
  • Saying yes to someone simply because you don't want to disappoint them is not only unfair to you, it's unfair to them;
  • Sleep, water, movement, greens, and a good cry cure almost anything.
  • Loving yourself more is the best place to start to solve any problem;
  • Nothing is random.  Everything happens for a reason.
  • Your body is wise beyond what you could possibly imagine.  Listen to her.  She will lead you home every time.
Now its your turn to write some that resonate with you and by which you can live by.

POSITIVE AFFIRMATION:

I deserve only the best

3 comments:

  1. I love this post Sam. The book sounds like one I should read too. Thanks for sharing "Here's what I know". Wishing you a healthy and happy 2013. I have a feeling it's going to be YOUR year for everything wonderful. Much love, Julie xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your encouragement Julie. Wishing you and your family a happy and fulfilled 2013. And if you come to NZ again please let me know and we can meet up! :-) xxooxx

      Delete
    2. You're welcome Sam. I would love to catch up with you in NZ and please let us know if you come to Australia. xxoo

      Delete