Friday 12 October 2012

Phew i'm feeling tired today...i wonder if its the radiation or the swim i did yesterday in the local pool where i did 1km...the furthest i've done in a very long time.  Its probably a combination of radiation AND the long swim that has made me feel a it like this.  Feel slightly nauseated too...but then i wonder if its my imagination and i try to get rid of the thought.  Nasuea is not a side effect of radiation so it can't be the radiation.
I've been reading a few posts by girls that have finished their radiation and how their skin has broken down a week AFTER radiation...strange...but i guess it is cumulative as the oncologist told me.  I just secretly hope that i might be one of the lucky ones that goes red and my skin doesn't break down....fingers crossed.  Most of them said they had to stop wearing a bra for a while...don't want to do that...hate not wearing a bra!  I took Sophie and her school friend Amelia to Northlands Mall today to watch Madagascar in 3D....they loved it and so did i...nice to sit back and pretend to be a child again.  We made sushi for dinner, i tried making it with brown rice this time round which is healthier...i was quite pleased at how it turned out...i might do brown rice for me going forward.
Today was the annual street appeal for breast cancer donations.  Lots of people collecting money for the foundation...i wasn't sure how i was feeling...still didn't feel like i was one of breast cancers victims...well i'm not a victim as in dead but it still got me in its clutches and gave me a good shaking...but i'll soon be out of its clutches won't i!  I don't mind all the cutesie pink all around us for breast cancer but some of my breast cancer support group mates hate the cute pink stuff and say it doesn't do the disease justice and it gives the impression that breast cancer is all glam and pink when back at the ranch its bloody awful...i don't really care...if its going to help raise money and awareness then why not?
I've got this booked called 'Better breast health' which my Integrated GP gave to me when last i saw her.  Its a great book as it has worksheets in it and it tells u how suseptible to breast cancer you are given your exposure to the environment, foods, genes etc etc.  It just practical tips to help reduce your chances of breast cancer too.  I was thinking i may get a copy of that book for a couple of my best girlfriends but then wondered if that was a good idea or not.  Its not like i want to shove it in their faces but i feel that i know so much about it and if i knew this much before i got breast cancer there would have been a few things that i would have change in my life...and if i give them the book there may be things that they change in their lives...even if they  just take one or two tips from the book it goes a long way.  People have to be ready to receive tips and advice and be open to it...i know if i hadnt had breast cancer and a friend gave me a book on it it would probably be at the bottom of my reading pile...pity that we only take action sometimes when its too late...or almost too late.  Thats just life i guess.  I can feel an early night coming on.

No comments:

Post a Comment